IP blocking is one of the major turn down in an MMO, just like Vindictus, Elsword and Nexon's Games except Dekaron and any other companies that IP blocking other countries. The question that's coming to our minds is that, WHY DO THEY DO THAT?
- Is it because they want it to be exclusive? - Very patriotic.
- Is it because they do not want players to flood their game? - Playing safe.
- Is it because they just love IP Blocking.
Well, some companies have very decent reasons why they are implementing IP Block, these are:
- Other company will publish the same exact game in your region. - You'll just have to wait for it.
- They don't want other languages to spam their game. - Which is very annoying in some games. (The chatbox is full of sh**!)
And these are the possible results of IP Blocking a game:
- Severe loss of players. - Players can't see other new players in the game (which results to boredom). In MMO Industry, "The MORE, the MERRIER".
- MMOs today are like cellphones, they pop out really fast. So, if they are implementing IP Block, players can easily find and switch to the other games out there. Gamelist! Check the gamelist!
- Of course, Low Playerbase. For example, if Europe has 100+ million of population, which is of course, gamers there consist of only more or less 40 or 50 percent, I mean, hey those 40 or 50 percent of players do not play Vindictus only, there are many games out there. (PS: I can even download and play korean games, though I cannot understand a little thing).
Overall, these games that are implementing IP block can improve if they open it globally. Companies want money right? Then players bring money, so you may open it for all and gain more money! Well, they can decide for themselves, and God bless those games.