Articles with this tag:Beta Testers
- tehgeek1017 in defaultposted at 4:47 pm Oct 27,2010
The way I look at this beta is, that this is not a REAL beta test.
A beta test consists of people who are chosen because of their rig, may it be super powerful (so they have people testing at max graphic) and weak (so they can find a definite minimum requirement). People who have beta tested before are great for such things also. Applying for a beta test should be like applying for a job. If you meet the requirements the company is looking for, then you will be accepted. If not, then you will have to try again and wait until that spot as a tester is open again.
A number of companies are making this same mistake Bioware for example. SWTOR beta testers were chosen at random (even though you filled out a little survey). Bioware... one of the biggest companies in gaming even did this. EA did the something with Battlefield Heroes where the people that got into beta were chosen at random instead.
So people who are upset that they did not get in, we just need to wait. If
- tehgeek1017 in defaultposted at 4:20 pm Oct 27,2010
So I am pretty upset as well with the whole Forsaken World beta but here are some tips for people who actually want to try and help the game and not just play early.
1) Keep a pad of paper and writing utensil next to you at all times. Write down everything you do that has odd/unintended consequences for an accurate report and post the reports. Even better if they provide client side log for further details. Be sure to use the proper format.
2) You will likely crash often during testing. Patience is a virtue here and is part of the process. Remember, this is a test wherein you work for the company in providing feedback and making the game better. This is not an opportunity to learn secrets of the game for when it goes live.
3) Every step of the way, you actually are doing your job if you make the game crash. Report what you were doing in a post. Start with the character creation screen. Try multiple combos of clicks and keystrokes, combos of creation options, watch the graphics, tr
Hot Articles Weekly
Recipe for a master mmorpg?
2865 views 37 comments By Katling21
Nintendo says No! No! To youtube monetize system.
2847 views 29 comments By Pelagato
[First Look] Arcane Saga (CBT)
2232 views 22 comments By Zugai
F2P Weekly News #1 May 10th
2090 views 9 comments By Spammie
Why i love my Whipper
1645 views 13 comments By CassieChu
F2P Weekly News #2 May 19th
1549 views 4 comments By Spammie
[Review] Fishing Hero (CBT)
1409 views 14 comments By Zugai
Gun Ban Coming To Gaming?
1134 views 33 comments By Ammunition
Throne of Thunder Cross Realm Enabled in Patch 5.3
1054 views 0 comments By Stan D
Ammo's Pick: Top 5 Bugs, Glitches, and Errors In MMOFPS
833 views 2 comments By Ammunition