He apologized to the players who enjoyed Fury for not being able to find a viable business model that would allow them to keep playing and he threw a shout out to the Auran team, saying that they did their best but it just wasn't enough to keep the game going.
The developers of the game have already taken the liberty of informing game stores to remove their video game from the shelves more than a month ago. They added that if you purchased a copy of the game within the past month, you may want to take it back to the store.
That said, we would like to wish the Auran team the best of luck in whatever future endeavors they may partake in. Know that there are players who will miss the game you guys created.Continue Reading
- zwkl100 posted at Mar 24, 2008 7:09 am
Ever wanted to enter the world of Auran Games and Gamecock Media Group's Fury without having to pay for Hero or Immortal accounts? Now's your chance to enjoy the MMORPG's free-to-play model, as more keys to create a Chosen account are being given away.
- odimok posted at Dec 26, 2007 12:27 am
- Fixed a bug with Endurance. The Heal Over Time portion now works correctly.
- Fixed a bug where Liberate was not breaking holds.
- Fixed a bug where fields would not apply correctly.
- Fixed a bug where Frozen Agony did not render the target immune to healing potions.
- Fixed a bug where the Elemental Mirror immunity had the wrong name.
- Fixed a bug where Rings, Necklaces and Earrings bought from vendors were set to use the Waist slot.
- Fixed a bug where the Wrists of Sorran were the incorrect rarity.
- Decreased the amount of damage Fire Wall does down to 30%.
- Fixed a bug where Rare (yellow) faction armor had a health bonus of 222 instead of 278
- Decrease the cost of using the item Artificer
- Fixed a bug where Deathblow Achievements were awarded when no Deathblows were performed.
- Fixed a bug with queuing
- Increased the health powerup respawn times in Seat of Tymia
- Fixed a bug where players could become stuck in the Stormsteed Training Arena
- Decrease the amount of health bots have in Carnage
- Increased the time between attacks for Carnage bots
- Sanctuaries now look more festive.
- Fixed various NPC names.
- Fixed a bug where players could be disconnected when approaching t
- 0 Comments
- No Comments
Australian developer Auran has announced it has entered into voluntary administration and let all staff members go, just a day after announcing that massively multiplayer online game Fury would change to a free-to-play rather than subscription based business model.
A statement from company CEO Tony Hilliam said that "The Directors of Auran Developments, the company that employs all the Auran staff, have today called in a Voluntary Administrator (like Chapter 11 in the US). All the staff were dismissed today."
"Despite earlier reports," he continued, "staff will be paid for all their work to date, their annual leave entitlements, redundancy payments and long service leave."
The news follows last week's reports that the company was forced to downsize its 60 man team following the slow start for Fury and new outsourcing to Asia.
At the time, Hilliam said that after a ramp up from 30 to 70 staff members to complete Fury and its Battlestar Galactica XBLA game it had made some cutbacks to "focus on a smaller, more agile core team of Fury developers."
This was reiterated in the most recent report as well, saying that with the launch of its latest content
- 0 Comments
- No Comments