NCsoft just ended Its 3rd Aion North America Close beta today. It was from July 2nd - 6th.
They increased the level to lvl 20 and added Asmodians, brave and hardy people live in world of darkness and despair.
Since this my first time play Aion, I played Eylos Cleric with couple friends.
Let's make this quick and simple. I will just write about what I like and dislike.
- Character Customization. I played about a hour just on the customization. I will bet that you will do the same thing. my character didnt come out that good. the eyes kind creep me out. haha... some people did very interseting customization like...Elvis Presley and Mario
(do not have mario pic >.<)
- Storyline. I like how they will play a little movie about your past.
- Flight!!! you get your wings at lvl 9. Fly around...kill mobs But it is limited! and I will tell you what I dislike about some fly limits. My first flight lesson went well. I didnt fall to my death like some people. but...rocky landing that took out -146 of my HP lol
- Graphic. Great and fantastic Graphic. DUH! I don't need to explain it. you all know about it. =P
- Quest Guide System. Can't find the NPC that you suppose to talk to and the Mobs that you suppose to kill. Just click the name in the quest then Locate. Soon, you will be on your way!
- Friendly to Beginners. Just do quests. It will give you money, gears and items that you need.
- Map. We all know that "M" is the Map command. Ever heard of "N"? It commands Transparent Map, a see-through map. Since the lvl cap is on lvl 20, there are only 3 maps on each race side.
- Flight Limits. WHAT?!?!?! No Fly Zone???? What are we? Airplanes? But you can glide down a hill. Yes, you can fall to your death.
- Long Quest. There are couple FREAKING LONG quests, you have to do 9 things like, talk to npcs, running back and forth, kill mobs, get items and etc. It causes slow lvling because it takes up all your lvling time and exp isn't that great. You do it just for the money and items.
- Party with High Level. My friend and I partied up with another friend who is 8 lvl higher than us. We didn't get a single drop or money from our mobs. Soon, he lefted the party, we were starting to get drops. We grinded 2 hours straight without a single drop. It really pissed us off.
- Skills. Haha...yes! I do not like the skills because it is boring and long cool down. I am guessing that I am still a low lvl and skills are not that exciting. I like the Chain Skills but what's up with long cool down?
Overall, i will give Aion 3rd Close Beta 8.5/10
Note: I took a 2-days vacation during the 3rd beta, so I only made to lvl 11 and I didn't explore on guild system and crafting system that much.
That's yet! The next Close Beta will be on July 17th.