Reasons Why Final Fantasy XIV Will go Free to PlayBy: Rokwood posted at May 08, 2012 3:27 pm
Reasons Why Final Fantasy XIV Will go Free to Play
Since this game Launched player QQ about the game
- 1Free to play would Revive the Playerbase
- Free to play would Increase Revenue
- Players are Upset with the Current State of the Game
- Japanese Developers Aren’t New to Free to Play
- 5 Free to Play is the Future
1.It’s easy to estimate the game’s popularity by simply looking at the total number of players online at any given time.t’s easy to notice that fewer players have been logging into the game since release.On October 4, 2010 Final Fantasy 14 had about 43,000 players online at once across all of its servers. On October 25 it only had 36,345 players online.For a P2P game like Final Fantasy thats a low population.easy way for Square Enix to turn these numbers around would be to drop the monthly subscription fee and embrace free to play.
2.Since Lord of The Rings dropped their subscription fee, their total concurrent players increase 300% with total active players surging over 400%. Revenues for the game also doubled since going free to play. These are just two exmaples of pay to play games going free to play; there are many more. By dropping its subscription fee, Final Fantasy 14 would not only increase revenues, but also reach a much larger audience the same way The Lord of the Rings Online
3.Many Final Fantasy 14 players are upset with the current state of the game. This doesn’t mean the game can’t change later, but those extremely frustrated with the game today will likely quit, and getting those interesting in the game to give it a second try later in the future could prove to be difficult.Going free to play would give players an incentive to stick around while Square Enix adds new content and irons out all of the bugs.
4.Most free to play MMORPGs today are either from China or South Korea, Japanese game developers aren’t new to the concept. uncharted Waters Online is a successful Japanese developed free to play MMORPG available on both the PC and PS3. The game has proven to be a success in Japan and launched in English on the portal . The game is available in the West only on the PC, the PS3 version is Japan only.
5. Free to play MMOs and MMORPGs are launching each and every month, with many of them being extremely high quality games. On top of this, more and more pay to play MMORPGs are dropping their subscription fees. SOE already released a free to play version of Everquest2/Everquest 1
The Question is now , Restricted F2P Or Trully Free ?
Bookmark and share to your friends
Hot Articles Weekly
Nintendo says No! No! To youtube monetize system.
3027 views 31 comments By Pelagato
Recipe for a master mmorpg?
2917 views 40 comments By Katling21
[First Look] Arcane Saga (CBT)
2308 views 22 comments By Zugai
F2P Weekly News #1 May 10th
2100 views 9 comments By Spammie
F2P Weekly News #2 May 19th
1828 views 6 comments By Spammie
Why i love my Whipper
1718 views 14 comments By CassieChu
[Review] Fishing Hero (CBT)
1516 views 14 comments By Zugai
Gun Ban Coming To Gaming?
1300 views 35 comments By Ammunition
Throne of Thunder Cross Realm Enabled in Patch 5.3
1235 views 0 comments By Stan D
Patch 5.3 The mounts you're interested in !
919 views 1 comments By Stan D
- Blazing Souls Accelate0 comments
- Mobile Phone Deals: Cost Effective Affair1 comments
- Prefect Audemars Piguet Replica Watches with cheapest price at Imitatewatch0 comments
- N.E.O. Online Review3 comments
- Comic-con 2010: Guild Wars 2 Preview0 comments