cesarsuki asked a very interesting question in our forum: what is your ultimate mmorpg? what makes a game perfect for you?
Well, here goes! (my ideas, based on almost 2 decades of pen and paper rpg and some mmorpg i have played in the last 2 years)
You get the option to buy a house for you. You can upgrade it with furnitures, chests, comforts, etc. You can create temporary keys to give to your friends so as you can invite them to your house for a party. You can store there items - as many as you can store in your closets/chests (like in Morrowind/Oblivion)
Option to click on a name to open up private chat or send a whisper. Option to left click on a name and choose options: whipser, add as friend, etc. (like in Anarchy Online).
Ability to perform /whois and /whereis. The first will bring up some info on the target player while the second will inform you on the whereabouts.
Monsters should flee on low hp or call for assistance aid. Animals should run away from you as you approach them. beasts should attack you on sight, no matter what level you are. No safety zones, no level zones. If you go deep in the forest solo.. bad for you.
Variety in Sounds/Music
Especially in combat. I wuld like to be able to customize the sounds. Perhaps some mp3 songs i can add to special triggers through the option system.
Extenssive Character Customization
When you create your character you need to have many options on looks. From starting appearance, clothing, tattoes, tribal items/totems, etc
I believe 4-6 races with 6 major classes and 12 subclasses are good enough for all. Thats 72 possible combinations, enough to satisfy the hard core players.
- When players perform exceptional deeds, they should be awarded fame. This will change the reaction of various NPCs towards them.
- Ability to create black market economy
- Title system will allow you to "wear" more than one title. For example: "First killer of ferocious [beast name here]" plus "Honorable Defender of [town name here]"
- social skills like haggle, diplomacy, seduction, etiquette, dancing, etc
- ability to create political parties to rule a village/town/region
- ability to award player titles and lands for exceptional deeds to his faction/town/deity
- Implement Religion system. Without it, Priets/Healers are just nurses in most games.
- Ability to convert other players to your ethos/deity/faction/political party
- Ability to be able to join multiple guilds. Sure, Excalibur Hero guild is awesome, but i like to join a a mages guild also to improve my arcane studies.
- Guild should have storehouses. They can store either materials for crafting items, or items for lower level members.
- Ability for Guilds to hire NPCs for various tasks (gather resources, guards, crafters, etc)
- it's silly to wander at midnight in town and see all merchants still open. Go get some sleep merchants.
- Ability to buy land and defend it and expand it
- Ability to get a work (gather/proccess/refine/blacksmith/guard etc)
- Ability to stay at work while i am logged off. Life continues wither with me online or not
- Ability to hire NPC's to escort me to some quest or expendition
- Ability to research new skills/spells usable only by my guild/faction (this one is impossible to implement in a mmogame without first creating the ultimate A.I. for a game)
- Ability for team quests, guild quests, faction quests. Substitute the word "quest" with the word "war" for even more options
- Ability to retire my class and start on a new one, with the same character (multiclassing)
I know these are a lot to ask from a game.
But i think its time, the companies to offer something new beyond grindding. When you log to a game you got to have more options than fight.
My 12 cents of thoughts :) (2 cents are too little for all this text lol)