DC Universe Online recently announced their fourth DLC Pack, "The Last Laugh",which Features Large-Scale Multiplayer Combat, New Light-Powered Legends Characters and an All-New Weapon. Yes, the last one is very intriguing, an ALL NEW WEAPON, which is the SHIELD. So, prepare for an unlimited supply of Captain America style heroes. FYI: DC Universe Online is a Heroes and Villains MMORPG published by Sony Entertainment Online, this game was once a P2P (Pay to play) MMORPG and recently switched to free to play.
As posted on a forum @ sony, Larry Liberty wrote:
"Really appreciate the creativity and thought that went into your posts. I like the Cosmic power (in part because it could cleverly reuse existing functionality). Adding powers is something that we'll have to be careful with right now. I will be talking about our plans for existing powers shortly. I think there are elements to each power that could be changed for the better, and I want that to happen sooner than later. I'm excited to see what players think of Shield - our new weapon type. I think there are many different ways to improve and broaden the player package (all the abilities that make up the player's functionality)."
And it was included in one of the features in its new DLC Pack, The Last Laugh:
The Last Laugh will include an all-new weapon, hours of multiplayer gameplay in the Safe Houses and Headquarters, and new Legends PvP characters:
- The Shield – Players can unleash this vicious new weapon to bash their opponents, or hurl it to take them down from a distance.
- Safe House Battles – No one is safe now that heroes and villains can invade each other's Safe Houses in these four on four battles.
- Graviton Technology Recovery – Players will be tasked with retrieving cutting-edge technology from the hero and villain safe houses. It's a mad dash to grab the most gravitron singularity capsules!
- The Rescue – Heroes must rescue hostages, while Villains will be freeing arrested criminals from opposing Safe Houses.
- Bomb Disposal – Stockpiles of explosives have been remotely armed by a mischievous third party. Players must gain control of the Bomb Squad's mech and either neutralize the bombs or use them for dastardly purposes!
- Headquarter Battles – In this two-part crusade, 16 players – eight heroes and eight villains – will face off for the ultimate player reward. At the request of Superman, heroes must take over the Hall of Doom, while villains, egged on by The Joker, will breach the Watchtower in order to create chaos.
- Legends Characters – Combat illuminates with the introduction of the first light-powered Legends for multiplayer combat. Players will soon have access to Kilowog, a Green Lantern, and Amon Sur, a member of the Sinestro Corps.
As you thought about this new Weapon, THE SHIELD. Watch this Exclusive behind the scenes from PCGamer.com: