Commit to memory what are about to see here, young rogue. These words are to be taken as
law at all times throughout your journey to slay Arthas and bring harmony to Azeroth, or
death to the opposing faction. I am the lord of rogues, Stow. These Ten Commandments of
playing a Rogue shall be etched forever on this .... monitor.
1. Thou shall have no other DPS before me. I am the slayer of the Old Gods, and my DPS
is without equal if I stay in melee range the whole fight.
2. Thou shall not make any likeness of me. Feral Kittens will be toned down with 3.2
and no longer pose any threat to our position as kings of the melee. We are the masters
of stealth and combos, and no one shall ever come close.
3. Thou shall not take the name of the Rogue in vain. If you spell it Rouge, beg for
4. Remember your poisons, and keep them applied. Forgetting to apply poisons and taking
five in the middle of a fight to reapply them can get you killed and effectively ruin your
DPS for the fight.
5. Honour thy tank and thy healer, for without them we will last seconds, and with
them, we are invincible.
6. Thou shall kill without remorse. If thou must Cheap Shot and Kidney Shot thy enemies to
be victorious, do just that. Cooldown skills exist to be used, and used they shall be.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery even if it is mentioned in the various steamy romance
novels that we may come across as a result of the following commandment.
8. Thou shall steal whenever the option presents itself, and covet the junk that comes
of it. We are potion junkies, and potions are a common result of theft.
9. Thou shall bear false testimony against thy tank, and Tricks of the Trade him when
possible. For if we have to Feint or Vanish to lose our opponents, we are losing precious
10. Thou shalt not covet thy raid member's gear, nor his pet, nor his mount. Our leather
shall drop with time, and we are the only ones worth of it. Our daggers have our names etched
in them. Our swords and axes have little competition as the other users tend to be unpopular in
raids with us.
Rogues, keep these words close to your heart. They will give you strength in times of need.
If you have faith, your blows shall land with critical force, and your poisons will be applied on
every weapon contact with your victims. Now go forth, and spread the long forgotten word of the Rogue.